Whenever we are in bad headache, we usually grab pain-relief medicine. But, taking too much medicine drugs may have side effects which is worse than headache itself. Why not considering natural method by improving our health? The headache can be cause by chemical, emotional, and structural issue. Instead of taking painkiller when headache, it is more advisable to find out the cause and prevent from happening in future.
(Photo Source: Medical News Today)
There are many types of headaches that happen around us. These headaches can be treated by increasing water intake. Fatigue is the signal of dehydrated. Drinking sufficient of water over the time can improve the headache condition. According to a lady, Margi at clusterheadaches.com, her husband had not been suffering of headache since started the habit drinking a glass of water every hour. Also, a nice, warm shower or bath can help to relax tightened muscles.
Now we know that stay hydrated can help on preventing headaches, but not all types of beverage help. Someone may tell you that drinking coffee can help on relief headache. Caffeine not only dehydrates, it also cause “rebound” effect, which the headache temporarily go away and come back worse than before.
There are also some other natural remedies to relieve headaches:
- Peppermint Oil – Place a few drops of this essential oil on your forehead, neck, and temples.
- Honey – Take two teaspoons of honey with each meal. Honey contains potassium and magnesium which will help relax arteries and allow more blood to flow to the brain.
- Walking – Walking will relax you and help the blood and oxygen get to the brain.
- Mustard – Add 2 teaspoons of mustard powder in a hot footbath and soak your feet in the water for 10-20 minutes.
- Cayenne pepper – Put ½ to one teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a glass of water and drink slowly. This will dilute your blood vessels and improve circulation.
The water quality that we consume are very important. Installing water filtration system can help on eliminate the impurities in the water. Drinking contaminated water may worsen your body health and trigger other diseases.