Asthma – a complicated disease that we not completely understood. In simple, asthma happened when a very small airways bring air in and out of the lungs. The airways irritated and swollen when triggered by certain asthmatic substances. This is due to the muscle in the vicinity tighten up and restricted the air flow. Also, the airways get filled with liquid, pus, mucus, and phlegm may cause the air restriction too. Thus, these cause difficulty with breathing.
Cigarette smoke, physical activity, allergies, flu or colds, and air pollution are the things that may trigger the happen of asthma. The harmful elements that occur in the air pollution are nitrogen dioxide, sulphur dioxide, ground level ozone, carbon monoxide, and particle pollution. Asthma may also affect even staying indoor too, which caused by cockroach droppings, pet dander, dust mites, cigarette smoke, household chemicals, and other pollutants commonly found in most homes.
What Are The Symptoms Of Asthma
There are several symptoms:
– Coughing, especially at night or in the morning
– Wheezing, a whistling sound when you breathe
– Shortness of breath
– Tightness, pain, or pressure in your chest
– Trouble sleeping because of breathing problems
What Can We Do
What can we do to protect from air pollution and triggering from asthma?
Here are some of the solutions:
– Stay away from congested traffic areas
– Avoid staying outdoor for long period. Wear a mask if possible.
– Use air purifier inside the house
– Always have asthma control / prevention devices and medicine available